Saturday, December 6, 2008

Family Pics

I always have good intentions of taking nice family pictures on my own. I usually give up and go to Kiddie Kandids. I am not a photographer (obviously), but I thought I could take some cute pictures of the kids outdoors on Thanksgiving Day. So you know the drill... 1. Get the kids dressed. But one of them spills some food or drink on the clothes as you are walking out the door (in this case it was Bradley that go a hold of my Diet Coke) sidenote: I don't know if I was more upset about him spilling soda on his shirt or losing my diet coke in the mishap 2. Load the kids in the car. But something is always left behind. (Lauren-no shoes). 3. Begin taking pictures. But the kids are not very cooperative (Lauren wants to sit in the grass and decide on her own pose) 4. JUST take the pictures and Hope for the best. But it is quite a chore to get even three kids to smile at the camera at the same moment (please see the examples above).

Moral of the story: Don't even bother trying to do it on your own-go to a professional. So we will be at the mall getting pictures next week. YEAH!!!

6 comments:

Johnston*family said...

You should have my cousin take your pics. She used to be the manager for kiddie kandids...I love her work. She took the pics I posted a while ago. She lives really close and does it out of her house! No more dragging the kids through the mall for me!
You can call me or Ange (it's her sister) for her number.

Heidi said...

Maybe you could find a great photographer and pick her to be your best friend and then convince her to move in down the street.... j/k You know I'm the same way, except I just decide not to do family pictures. Good job with the pics. I think they are great. Love you, Sis.

Becky said...

Yeah! About time you updated . .. love the title of your blog :)

Louisa said...

Family pictures can be such a chore. Thank goodness for Target.

About Us said...

You're so funny...all I can say is I'm so grateful for digital cameras! Looks good - what a fun trip to the ruins:)

Brooke Garner said...

Sister, I hear ya! I would have been ticked about loosing the diet coke, who cares about the shirt being ruined! ;)